After a gruelling semi-final duel with MTC Royals on Friday, the Blazing Bashers clenched a defining victory in the Axis Bank Mumbai Super League finals on Saturday at NSCI, Mumbai. The 4-day tournament concluded here on Saturday with the Blazing Bashers thrashing Deepit Patil’s Ace. In this unique table-tennis format, wherein each set is worth one point, master paddlers Noel Pinto and Mihika Rohira won crucial 3-0 matches to post maximum points on the board for the Bashers.
The league saw numerous exemplary performances by young players. 11-year-old Gaurav Panchangam did not concede even a single game in the whole tournament which helped his team MTC Royals acquire the second runners-up spot. Deepit Patil’s stellar performance led his team ‘Ace’ to the first runners-up position. Junior players Maanav Mehta and Mihika Rohira picked up a last-set win for the Blazing Bashers in the finals.
Sanish Ambekar (Century Warriors), Shreya Deshpande (Century Warriors), P.G. Kelkar (MTC Royals) and Aditi Sinha (MTC Royals) were acknowledged for their laudable performances during the course of the league. However, their teams were ousted in Friday’s semi-final clash. Blazing Bashers beat their co-finalists Ace in a neck-to-neck 14-10 victory.
Ace vs Blazing Bashers
- Women’s Singles: Ashlesha Trehan lost to Senhora D’Souza 1-2 (12-10, 15-17, 12-10)
- Men’s Singles: Nishant Kulkarni lost to Noel Pinto 0-3 (6-11, 8-11, 7-11)
- Junior Boys: Deepit Patil beat Maanav Mehta 2-1 (11-7, 11-2, 10-12)
- Mixed Doubles: Nishant Kulkarni and Ashlesha Trehan lost to Noel Pinto and Senhora D’Souza 1-2 (9-11, 12-10, 7-11)
- Junior Girls: Kheya Shah lost to Mihika Rohira 0-3 (7-11, 7-11, 12-14)
- Cadet Boys: Tanmay Rao beat Aaryan Deshpande 3-0 (11-7, 11-6, 11-9)
- Doubles V/M: Abhay Mehta and Nishant Kulkarni beat Sunil Kelkar and Noel Pinto 2-1 (7-11, 11-9, 11-7)
- Mixed Jb & JG: Deepit Patil and Kheya Shah lost to Maanav Mehta and Mihika Rohira 1-2 (7-11, 11-7, 10-12)
OVERALL: Ace lost to Blazing Bashers 10-14