Today we go back to some epic facts about Diego Maradona. Last night, one of the greatest footballers of all time, Maradona breathed his last. He had suffered a heart attack which was fatal for the 60 year old legendary player. The Prince of Argentine football, the winner of two FIFA World Cups for the nation, Diego Maradona was the GOAT for many, maybe only comparable to a certain Pelé. Here we take a look at some of the interesting facts about Diego Maradona:
Few Memories in National Colors
Here you can watch some of his best goals.
2. Diego Maradona played 91 matches for Argentina, scored 34 goals from these.
3. The Legendary Argentine Footballer played four FIFA World Cups for his nation, playing 21 matches, captaining 16 of these. His 16 matches as captain is a record in FIFA World Cup. Also among the unforgettable facts about Diego Maradona.
4. In his four FIFA World Cup participations, El Pibe de Oro got his country on the top of the world once for four years, in 1986, defeating West Germany 3-2 in the final. Among the memorable facts about Diego Maradona.
5. In other records, he hold the record for suffering the most number of fouls in a Single FIFA World Cup & in a match of a FIFA World Cup. He got the two records in 1986 and 1982 respectively. Among the rare facts about Diego Maradona.
6. El Pibe de Oro was an admirer of the Che Guevara and had him tattooed on his arm, and his left leg carried a tattoo portrait of Fidel Castro.
7. Among the greatest footballers, he was awarded, jointly with Pele, the FIFA Player of the 20th Century award in 2000.
8. Among his honor board lie UNICEF European Footballer of the Season 1989–90, FIFA World Cup Golden Ball 1986, FIFA World Cup Silver Shoe 1986, FIFA World Cup Most Assists 1986, FIFA World Cup All-Star Team 1986 & 1990. Listed in the amazing facts about Diego Maradona.
Few Memories from Club Career
9. Diego Armando Maradona scored 312 goals from 588 matches he played in his club career.
11. Maradona has quite a few club career accolades to his name. These include South American Footballer of the Year 1979 & 1980, Guerin d’Oro (Serie A Footballer of the Year) 1985, Capocannoniere (Serie A top scorer) 1987–88 & Coppa Italia top scorer 1987–88.
These were some of the legendary facts about Diego Maradona, though his legend can’t be withhold among these. There are numerous other achievements, accolades that we missed talking about here, but that’s the life of a legend, you can’t cover it wholly in one story. Don’t forget to write to us, your thoughts and questions.
Hello Friends, join our Telegram Channel via this link:— SportsCrunch (@SportsCrunch) July 15, 2020
Cricket, Football, Tennis and every popular sports news, views, opinions and updates at your finger tips.https://t.co/0dzACSB5V8