Today we are here with the highest totals at 2010 T20 World Cup. The T20 world cup was first started in the year 2007. It is one of the international cricket championships where various teams from all over the world participated to register a winning trophy by their side. This World Championship had a criteria to play 16 teams from across the globe. T20 cricket is one of the shortest format cricket matches which happen at a great pace. So at most 4 hours are given to both the teams to complete their innings.
This format is believed to be the most liked format because of its short duration and the most entertaining drama on the grass field. So basically in this article, we will be talking about the highest totals at 2010 T20 World Cup, the details are as follows:
Group Stage Matches
- The World T20 championship of 2010 was started in May in the Beausejour Stadium which is located at St Lucia. It was the second match of the World cup T20 championship which was scheduled between Pakistan and Australia. Australia won the toss and elected to bat first and scored 191 in twenty over. However, this remarkable innings got listed among the highest totals at 2010 T20 World Cup, then the best before being overpassed by Australia in semifinals.
Read Also: Top 5 Run Scorers of the 2010 T20 World Cup
- Also in the first match of the World Cup T20 which was between Pakistan and Bangladesh Pakistan won the toss and marked an incredible innings to make 172 runs in twenty overs with the loss of only three wickets.
- On 2nd May a match between India and South Africa was scheduled in which South Africa first won the toss and elected to field. On the other side India batted first and scored a huge run of 186 with the loss of only five wickets and India also won the match.
- On the very next day, on 3rd May there was another match between England and West Indies in which England bat first and played a remarkable inning and score 191 runs with the loss of only five wickets.
- On 7th May in the match between Australia and India, the latter won the toss and chose to field in which Australia played a nice inning and made a score of 184 runs for only five wickets in this match India loses by 49 runs.
- On the same day, a match between Sri Lanka and West Indies which was scheduled in Kensington, the oval stadium in which Sri Lanka played a beautiful innings to score 195 runs which is atop the highest totals at 2010 T20 World Cup for teams batting first.
Read Also: Do You Know The Top 5 Wicket-Takers in IPL 2016?
- In the Semi-Finals which was scheduled in Beausejour Stadium between Pakistan and Australia, the latter won the toss and elected to field in that day Pakistan played remarkable innings and score 191 runs for six wickets but as always Australia as one of the strongest teams won this match with chasing this huge run and scoring 197 with one wicket remaining. So this score of Australia was the led the highest totals at 2010 T20 World Cup.
So for your reference, we are providing the list of highest scoring totals in the World Cup T20 which are as follows:-
Highest Totals at 2010 T20 World Cup:
● Australia – 197/7 (19.5) in Gros Islet Ground
● Sri Lanka – 195/3(20.0) in Bridgetown
● England – 191/5 (20.0) in Providence
● Pakistan – 191/6 (20.0) in Gros Islet
● India – 186/5 (20.0) in Gros Islet
● Australia – 184/5 (20.0) in Bridgetown
● Sri Lanka – 173/7 (20.0) in Providence
● West Indies – 169/6 (20.0) in Bridgetown
● New Zealand – 157/7 (20.0) in Bridgetown
● Bangladesh – 151/7 (20.0) in Gros Islet
● Australia – 141/7 (20.0) in Bridgetown
● India – 137/10 (17.4) in Bridgetown
● Sri Lanka – 128/6 (20.0) in Gros Islet
Hello Friends, join our Telegram Channel via this link:— SportsCrunch (@SportsCrunch) July 15, 2020
Cricket, Football, Tennis and every popular sports news, views, opinions and updates at your finger tips.https://t.co/0dzACSB5V8