Lovlina Borgohain is among the top rated sportspersons, India has ever produced. Coming from the North Eastern state of Assam, Lovlina would win two Asian Championships medals and two world championships medals in lead to her first Olympic Medal at the Tokyo 2021 Summer Games, thereby becoming the second Olympic medalist for India at the Summer Games in Women’s Boxing (Behind Mary Kom who won bronze at London 2012 Summer Games).
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 2, 1997|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Golaghat, Assam, India|
|NICKNAME||Lambu (as called by fellow Boxers)|
|FATHER’S NAME||Tiken Borgohain|
|MOTHER’S NAME||Mamoni Borgohain|
|SIBLINGS’ NAME||Licha & Lima Borgohain|
|DISCIPLINE||Women’s Boxing, Welterweight|
|COACH||Padum Boro, Sandhya Gurung, Shiv Singh, Mohammed Ali Qamar, Raffaele Bergamasco|
1. Lovlina Borgohain won bronze medal at the Women’s Asian Amateur Boxing Championships 2017.
2. She won bronze medal at the Women’s World Amateur Boxing Championships 2018.
3. She won Gold medal at India Open 2018.
4. Lovlina Borgohain won bronze medal at the Women’s World Amateur Boxing Championships 2019.
5. She was honored with Arjuna Award in 2020.
6. She won bronze medal at the Women’s World Amateur Boxing Championships 2021.
7. Sixth Assamese sportsperson to receive an Arjuna Award.
8. She’d win Olympic medal at the Tokyo 2021 Summer Olympics and become the second ever Indian Female boxer and third Indian Boxer overall to do so.