Today we discuss a few facts about Womens World T20 2012. The ICC Womens World T20 2012 championship was organized in Sri Lanka for the first time and it was scheduled from 23rd May to 7th October 2012 and it was the fourth international Women’s world cup where different teams from all over the world participate to win the marvelous trophy.
The 2012 Women’s T20 World Cup championship was the fourth edition of the world cup in which again 8 teams participated from all over the world to compete with each other. The eight teams were split into two group pools each group containing four teams and all the matches of the group stage were scheduled at Galle International Stadium which is located in Sri Lanka.
The Women’s World cup T20 is somewhat different than the men’s World cup because the Women’s world cup is played only for 10 days rather than the later which are played for 16 days. Here are the top 10 interesting facts of ICC Womens World T20 2012.
- In the 2012 Women’s ICC World Cup Championship the matches of this tournament were scheduled mostly in Galle International Stadium which is located in Galle, Sri Lanka, and in R. Premadasa Stadium which is located in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
Read Also: Top 5 Highest Team Totals In 2016 T20 World Cup
- The first match of the Womens World T20 2012 was scheduled for 27th September which was between England and Pakistan. In this match, England won the toss and they elected to bat first, the English cricketers played really well in front of the Pakistan bowlers they scored 133 with the fall of 6 wickets. In response to the versatile batting effort by the England International women’s team Pakistan really tried well but at last, cannot win the match and lose the match by 43 runs.
- Charlotte Edwards one of the most experienced players of England Edward is the former captain of the international England Women’s team. She is one of the youngest players of England who made her debut in the international women’s cricket team at the age of 18. In the 2012 Women’s World Cup cricket championship she really showcased her leadership quality in front of everyone and also played remarkably well for her team. She scored 172 runs playing only in 5 matches with an average score of 34.4 in each match. Edwards scored the highest runs throughout the tournament.
- Jess Cameron one of the famous all-rounder of the international Australian women’s team she hit the highest number sixes throughout the tournament. Cameron uses to smash the ball so hard, she hit 6 sixes which was the highest number of sixes in the 2012 World cup championship.
- Sarah Taylor is one of the finest players of England, she is a former Wicketkeeper of the International Women’s cricket team and good batswomen. She is majorly known for his batting in one day cricket and test innings, Taylor had played more than 84 international matches for her team. In the Womens World T20 2012 championship she played beautifully for her team, her batting techniques were really mesmerizing for the opponents, she made the highest individual score of 65 runs in only 53 balls.
- Deandra Dottin is another lower-order hard-hitting batswomen for the West Indian team, in the Womens World T20 2012 championship she scored the fastest fifty playing only in 3 matches for her team.
- Julie Hunter is one of the finest bowlers of the international women’s Australian team, Hunter is a right-hand batswoman and a right-hand fast bowler who is specifically known for her fast bowling. She had started her International career in the year 2010 against New Zealand, in the 2012 women’s world cup championship she bowled amazingly throughout the tournament, Hunter bagged 11 wickets playing only in 5 matches with the best bowling record of 5/22.
Read Also: IPL 2020 Schedule Out, Here’s What Happened in Past Few Weeks
- In the ICC Womens World T20 2012 championship the four teams namely England, New Zealand, West Indies, and Australia qualified for the semi-finals of the World cup.
- In the Womens World T20 2012 championship Charlotte Edwards became the player of the series due to her remarkable captaincy throughout the tournament as well as she scored the highest runs throughout the tournament.
- Australia won the ICC Womens World T20 2012 and took the beautiful trophy, they became the champions of the 2012 Women’s World cup championship.
Hello Friends, join our Telegram Channel via this link:— SportsCrunch (@SportsCrunch) July 15, 2020
Cricket, Football, Tennis and every popular sports news, views, opinions and updates at your finger tips.https://t.co/0dzACSB5V8