MS Dhoni would perhaps be the best wicketkeeper batsman to come out and play for the Indian Cricket team. An astute strategizer and a cool customer, he would also go on to take India to some of the famous wins of Indian Cricket, and in turn becoming the first Captain to add all three ICC tournaments’ title to his bag. The top cricketer, also known as the finisher for his batting supremacy in the middle/lower order, would have some batting and wicketkeeping records to his name as well.
|FULL NAME||Mahendra Singh Dhoni|
|DATE OF BIRTH||July 7, 1981|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Ranchi, India|
|PLACE OF RESIDENCE||Ranchi, India|
|NICKNAME||Mahi, Captain Cool, Mahendra Bahubali|
|FATHER’S NAME||Pan Singh|
|MOTHER’S NAME||Devaki Devi|
|SIBLING’S NAME||Narendra Singh Dhoni, Jayanti Gupta|
|SPOUSE’S NAME||Sakshi Singh Rawat- Dhoni|
|ROLE||WK-Batsman (Former Indian National Men’s Cricket team Captain)|
|COACH||Keshav Banerjee (Initial Coach)|
|TEAMS||India, Bihar, Jharkhand, Railways, Chennai Super Kings, Rising Pune Supergiant|
1. Debut Test Match: at MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai vs Sri Lanka on December 2, 2005
2. Last Test Match: at MCG, Melbourne vs Australia on December 26, 2014
3. Debut ODI Match: at MA Aziz Stadium, Chittagong vs Bangladesh on December 23, 2004
4. Last ODI: at SuperSport Park Stadium Vs South Africa on 3rd of December in 2006
5. Debut T20I Match: at New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg vs South Africa on December 1, 2006
6. Last T20I Match: at M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru vs Australia on February 27, 2019
7. Debut IPL Match: at PCA IS Bindra Stadium, Mohali vs Kings XI Punjab on April 19, 2008
8. MS Dhoni has scored 4876 runs in 90 Test matches in 9 years of test career at an average of 38.09 including 6 hundreds and 33 fifties. Dhoni has 256 catches and 38 stumpings to his name as a keeper or a fielder.
8. MS Dhoni has scored 10773 runs in 350 ODI matches at an average of 50.58 and strike rate of 87.56 including 10 hundreds and 73 fifties. Dhoni has 321 catches and 123 stumpings to his name as a keeper or a fielder.
9. Mahendra Singh Dhoni has scored 1617 runs in 98 T20I matches at an average of 37.6 and strike rate of 126.13 including 2 fifties. Dhoni has 57 catches and 34 stumpings to his name as a keeper or a fielder.
1. MS Dhoni was honored with the highest sports honor, Khel Ratna award, in 2007–08.
2. The first captain to win all three ICC tournaments (ODI & T20I World Cups and Champions Trophy).
3. The first Indian captain to win T20I World Cup. Second Indian Captain to win ODI World Cup and Champions Trophy.
4. MS Dhoni won the ICC ODI Cricketer of the Year: 2008, 2009
5. Among the Indian Captains to win two editions of Asia Cup.
6. MS Dhoni won the Castrol Indian Cricketer of the Year: 2011
7. The first Indian captain to win 100 matches.
8. MS Dhoni was honored with Padma Shri award in 2009.
9. He was the fourth Indian to score 10000 ODI runs.
10. MS Dhoni was honored with Padma Bhushan award in 2018.
11. The first cricketer to cross 10,000 ODI runs with an average above 50.
12. Second wicketkeeper to cross 10,000 ODI runs, first Indian wicketkeeper to do so.
13. First Indian Wicketkeeper to 300 ODI catches, fourth overall.
14. The first Wicketkeeper to 150 stumpings in International cricket.
|OCCUPATION||Former Cricketer, Mentor, Businessman|
|OCCUPATION||Co – Owner: Chennaiyin FC, SEVEN,|