Today we bring you some of the amazing facts about Indian Cricket team. The Indian Cricket team has been playing international cricket for quite a some time now. Some of the most cherished memories of the team include their ICC Cricket World Cup wins (twice), ICC Champions Trophy win (twice: one of these was shared with Sri Lanka) and an ICC T20 World Cup win. The Sport has seen some of the exceptional cricketers coming from India to International cricket and impacting the game a lot.
Amazing Facts about Indian Cricket team:
1. Nawab Iftikhar Ali Khan Pataudi is the only cricketer from India to play for both India and England.
2. Sachin Tendulkar has ruled most of the cricket records; has scored the most ODI & Test runs, most fifties, most International centuries and few of the fastest to the multiple of 1000 runs in both ODIs & Test Cricket. Among the memorable facts about Indian Cricket team?
3. With 334 and 619 wickets in the two formats of cricket, Anil Kumble leads the wickets tally for India in One Day Internationals and Test Cricket.
4. The Classy VVS Laxman from Hyderabad is the only Cricketer from India to have played 100 Test matches but not a single Cricket World Cup match.
5. India’s 1983 World Cup final’s Hero Mohinder Amarnath has a rare record of being dismissed for handling the ball and obstructing the field both. Among the unknown facts about Indian Cricket team?
6. Original Little Master, Sunil Gavaskar was the first cricketer ever to have crossed the 10,000 runs milestone in Test Cricket. Little known is that he was out thrice for a golden duck. Among the rare facts about Indian Cricket team?
7. The Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar who scored over 9000 runs in domestic cricket, a considerable part in Ranji Trophy, was bowled just once for a duck in Ranji Trophy. Did you know who the bowler was? And the bowler was Bhuvneshwar Kumar who went on to play international cricket with him.
8. Bapu Nadkarni of India bowled 131 deliveries without even conceding a single run against England at Chennai (then Madras) in 1964.
9. Rohit Sharma is among the three Indian Cricketers to score an ODI double hundred and he is also the only Cricketer to achieve this milestone thrice. The highest individual score in ODI is under his name.
10. MS Dhoni, the most loved recent cricketing icon from India, is the only cricketer-captain to win all three ICC Tournaments. Others will find it difficult coz Champions Trophy is no longer in the running. India, also, is the only Cricketing nation to have won a 60-Over, a 50-Over and a 20-Over World Cup.
11. Former India Captain, Sourav Ganguly, is the only such cricketer in the history of ODI Cricket to have won four consecutive Man of the Match awards.
These were our list of 11 amazing facts about Indian Cricket team, the facts that reverberate in the memories of millions of fans all over. This is it for today fellas! Hope you liked the content; don’t forget to pen down your thoughts and questions under the comments section below this post. Stay safe and healthy!
Hello Friends, join our Telegram Channel via this link:— SportsCrunch (@SportsCrunch) July 15, 2020
Cricket, Football, Tennis and every popular sports news, views, opinions and updates at your finger tips.https://t.co/0dzACSB5V8