Today we detail a few facts about T20 World Cup 2016. The 2016 ICC World Cup championship was organized in India and it was scheduled from 8th March to 3rd April 2016 and it was the sixth international world cup where different teams from all over the world participate to win the marvelous trophy. T20 World Cup 2016 was the second edition of the world cup in which 16 teams participated from all over the world to compete with each other.
In India, seven cities were selected where the different matches of the world cup were scheduled; they were namely Dharamshala, Kolkata, Mumbai, Nagpur, New Delhi, Mohali, and Bangalore.
T20 World Cup 2016
So in this article, we will be talking about the top 10 interesting facts of the T20 World Cup 2016, the details are as follows:-
- Oman for the first time gets through to the World cup championship 2016 by beating Namibia by five wickets in the Asia qualifier tournament which gave them access to participate in the 2016 World cup championship.
Read Also: Top 5 Goals of Bastian Schweinsteiger
- One of the best batsmen of Oman who has contributed and gives his best to help Oman qualify for the World cup 2016 championship was Zeeshan Siddiqui who played remarkable innings and score 51 runs in just 41 balls to set a five-wicket victory over Namibia and thus made a record all over the world which will be remembered by millions.
- Virat Kohli became the player of the series in the T20 World Cup 2016, being one of the most powerful players of India played remarkable and unbeatable innings throughout the tournament. He scored 273 runs at a strike rate of 177, he was unbeatable in many matches and made unbeatable 82 runs in the semifinals which were with Australia. With is skillful innings throughout the tournament people get to see interesting matches throughout the tournament.
- Tamim Iqbal a most renowned batsman of Bangladesh played beautifully all over the T20 World Cup 2016 with his strong desire and self-confidence in every match he played brilliant innings and scored 295 runs throughout the tournament and thus he scored the maximum runs in the T20 World Cup 2016 and became the 11th player all over the world to score maximum runs in World T20 championship.
- Mohammad Nabi was the leading wicket-taker of the T20 World Cup 2016, with his amazing bowling performance throughout the tournament he revealed his hidden talent and he had taken 12 wickets in 2016 world cup championship. Though Afghanistan cannot make it to the semifinals and got eliminated in the group stage but still because of him Afghanistan was really proud to keep a note in the tournament.
- MS Dhoni, one of the best captains all over the world played a beautifully throughout the T20 World Cup 2016 and became the second-highest run-scorer in the tournament with a strike rate of 127. Throughout the tournament only once he got out under 30 runs that show how well he played all over the tournament.
- Rashid Khan of Afghanistan was the second-highest wicket-taker in the 2016 T20 World Cup as he had taken 11 wickets in just 11 matches. He was one the youngest and wonderful leg spinners of Afghanistan to play test matches from them and in 2016 he had shown all his hidden talents to beat the most powerful batsmen of all time.
- Joe Root, one of the finest batsmen of England, played beautifully throughout the tournament to score 249 runs in just 6 matches and became the third-highest scorer in the tournament. With his marvelous batting efforts and remarkable fielding, he has always proved to be an important asset for England’s team.
- The match referees of the 2016 T20 World Cup were from the four different countries and they were namely David Boon, Jeff Crowe, Andy Pycroft, Javagal Srinath, Chris Broad, Ranjan Madugalle.
- Runners Up of 2016 T20 World Cup was England, the final was between England and Westindies in which the former won the toss and elected to bowl first and with their beautiful bowling kept England to not score a huge run and thus West Indies easily won the final match and Marlon Samuels scored 85 runs in just 66 balls.
- Winner of World Cup T20 Championship 2016 was West Indies; the Caribbean team played beautifully throughout the tournament and this helped them to win the beautiful trophy of the 2016 T20 world cup.
Hello Friends, join our Telegram Channel via this link:— SportsCrunch (@SportsCrunch) July 15, 2020
Cricket, Football, Tennis and every popular sports news, views, opinions and updates at your finger tips.https://t.co/0dzACSB5V8