Today we discuss a few facts about Womens World T20 2014. The 2014 ICC Women’s World Cup T20 championship was organized in Bangladesh for the first time and it was scheduled from 23rd March to 7th 6th April 2014 and it was the fourth international Women’s world cup where different teams from all over the world participated to win the marvelous trophy.
The ICC Womens World T20 2014 championship was the fourth edition of the world cup in which for the first time 10 teams participated from all over the world to compete with each other rather than the 8 teams which used to participate in the earlier editions.
The ten teams were split into two group pools each group containing five teams and all the matches of the group stage were scheduled at Sylhet and Dhaka which are located in Bangladesh. The Women’s World cup T20 is somewhat different than the men’s World cup because the Women’s world cup is played only for 10 days rather than the later which are played for 16 days.
ICC Womens World T20 2014
Let’s discuss the top 10 interesting facts of ICC Womens World T20 2014.
- For the first time in the International Women’s World Championship 10 teams participated in the 2014 World cup championship.
Read Also: IPL 2020 Schedule Out, Here’s What Happened in Past Few Weeks
- The matches of the Womens World T20 2014 were scheduled mostly in two stadiums namely Sylhet Divisional Stadium and Sher-e- Bangla National Cricket Stadium.
- Meghann Moira Lanning is one of the finest all-rounders of the international Australian team, she is a right-handed batswoman and a right-arm medium bowler. Lanning started her international career in the year 2013 against England, she had scored more than 2000 runs for her team. In the Womens World T20 2014 Lanning scored the highest runs from the tournament, she scored 257 runs playing only in 5 matches with an average score of 51 in each match.
- Anya Shrubsole is a right-handed batswoman and a right-arm medium pacer who plays for the international England Women’s team. She has been constantly showing her talents day by day to all the players in the world. In the Womens World T20 2014 she took the maximum wicket throughout the tournament with her brilliant bowling effort she bagged 13 wickets playing only in 5 matches.
- The first match of the Womens World T20 2014 Championship was scheduled on 23rd March which was between Australia and New Zealand. In this match, Australia won the toss and they elected to bat first, the English cricketers played well in front of the New Zealand bowlers and they scored 121 runs with the fall of 10 wickets. In response to the versatile batting effort by the Australian International women’s team New Zealand Played and won the match by 7 runs.
- The top four teams of the 2014 Women’s World cup T20 to reach the semi-finals were Australia, West Indies, England, South Africa.
- The top three teams who were qualified from the 2013 Women’s World T20 qualifier round and participated in the Womens World T20 2014 were Ireland, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka.
- Anya Shrubsole with her versatile batting efforts and line to line bowling became the player of the series for the 2014 International Women’s World championship. She bagged 13 wickets playing only in 5 matches, Shrubsole was brilliant in the 2014 International Women’s World cup T20.
Read Also: 10 Facts About 2012 ICC Women’s T20 World Cup
- Dane van Niekerk a right-handed batswoman and a right arm leg spinner of the South African international team. She played more than 100 one day internationals for her team, Niekerk in the Womens World T20 2014 is a South African cricketer born in Pretoria and educated at Centurion High School. A leg-spin bowler, she had scored the fastest 50 runs against Pakistan; she scored 90 runs in only 66 balls.
- For the third time the International women’s team of Australia lifted the beautiful trophy and they were the champions of the 2014 World Cup T20.
Hello Friends, join our Telegram Channel via this link:— SportsCrunch (@SportsCrunch) July 15, 2020
Cricket, Football, Tennis and every popular sports news, views, opinions and updates at your finger tips.https://t.co/0dzACSB5V8